If you are thinking of selling your property and are unsure what the next steps are of if auction could work for you, we can help. The great thing about auction is we can sell literally any type of property, from traditional to non-standard, residential to commercial, plots of land to building sites, if you have it to sell, online auction is the modern way to go about it. Auction can provide you with a straight-forward, quick and secure way to sell. We market all of our properties on the biggest property portals, through our own website, through targeted flyers to investors and across all of our social media platforms, meaning we often achieve a sale price higher than expected due to the high levels of interest generated.
If you would like further information, please contact the National Property Auctions team, who will be more than happy to help.
- The first step is always to speak to a member of our team and provide them with relevant information about you, your circumstances, your property, and anything else you think they need to know.
- One of our team will then arrange to visit the property and advise on a realistic valuation and the best method of sale to suit your needs.
- So, you have decided to give online auction a try, congratulations! What comes next? We will arrange the signing of your sales contract and collect identification from you.
- We will collate all relevant paperwork required for selling your property such as a Home Report (Scotland only), Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) and tenancy agreements, if applicable.
- We will request a Legal Pack from your solicitor and provide this online for all interested parties to access.
- Once we have all the information needed to create our marketing information, your property will be listed on all of the major property portals and websites such as Rightmove, Zoopla, S1 Homes and others.
- Your property will then be sent out to our extensive list of registered buyers and investors through online flyers, email marketing and social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- To save the usual back and forth of viewings, we hold Open Viewings, at a set time, which is then advertised to our buyers allowing all interested parties to view your property.
- Our viewing agent will be on hand to answer any questions and gauge levels of interest at the viewing.
- We will provide you will any relevant feedback from these viewers.
- An added benefit of the auction process is that you can set a reserve price and your property cannot sell for any less than this price.
- Once we have had a chance to gauge interest in your property, we will advise you on a suitable reserve price for your property.
- This will be discussed and agreed with yourself prior to the end date for the online auction.
- This figure is confidential between you and the team dealing with your sale so has no effect on interest levels. This is, in basic terms, the minimum figure you would be hoping to achieve through your sale.
- If interest is high, we may receive a pre-auction offer for your property. All such offers are discussed with yourself and, if you wish to accept this offer, it would be subject to the same auction conditions meaning you still have the security of the auction sale.
- The great thing about online auction is the true flexibility it offers. We can decide how long the auction will run, in what increments the bids can be placed and when the auction will end.
- End times are clearly advertised across all of our marketing and advertising with a countdown feature.
- Once the online auction ends, the buyer immediately pays their deposit.
- You do not have to watch the auction, but you may wish to be part of this exciting experience.
- After the online auction ends, the sales process is passed to your solicitor for completion. We will provide them with the relevant documentation and upon completion the deposit monies (minus any sales fees due).
- Standard completion takes place 28 days after exchange (unless agreed prior to auction by way of a Special Condition).
- All that is left for you to do is to ensure the property is vacant, unless sold with tenant in situ, cancel any services and arrange for key release, this can either be done through us or your solicitor.
- We hope you are happy with the service we have provided and will be willing to provide us with your feedback and hopefully recommend us to others looking to sell.